Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone
Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone categorized as a hypnotic pill, used for treating insomnia, transient, situational, or chronic insomnia and insomnia secondary to psychiatric disturbance.
Insomnia: is a type of sleep disorder, affects about 35% of adults.
Types of insomnia: insomnia classified into two categories:
Primary insomnia: that is mean sleep disorder does not correlate to other health problem.
Secondary insomnia: that is mean sleep disorder related to other health problems like depression, asthma, heartburn, cancer, or arthritis,
And may relate to medication or alcohol.
|Imovane zopiclone generic 7.5mg 400 tablets||Sleeping products|
Symptom of insomnia:
If you have insomnia you will feel:
- Difficulty in falling asleep.
- Nocturnal awakening.
- Early awakening
- Mood changes.
- Difficulty concentrating.
Many risk factors increase your risk to have insomnia:
- A psychiatric disorder like depression.
- Age over 60.
- Women are at higher risk than men.
- Long-term illness.
- Working night shifts.
- Traveling to different time zones.
Causes of insomnia:
- Poor sleep habits.
- Other sleep disorders: e.g., sleep apnea: abnormal breathing during sleep, restless legs syndrome.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine use.
- Hyperthyroidism: disorder causes excessive production of thyroxine hormone.
- Anxiety, depression.
- Side effects of certain medications.
- Traumatic events.
- Physical pains.
Complications of insomnia:
- Decrease in your performance at work or school.
- Depression, anxiety.
- High risk of accidents.
- Trouble focusing.
Prevention of insomnia:
By following small tips, you can protect yourself from feeling insomnia:
- Limit naps.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Limit caffeine.
- Avoid heavy meals before bedtime.
- Regular exercise.
- Try to be calm before bed, reading, or listening to soft music.
- Go sleep at the same time.
Treatment of insomnia:
Insomnia can be treated by:
- Non-medical treatment: psychotherapy and try to relax before bed.
- Medical treatment: treating medical conditions that are cause insomnia and use insomnia medications like zopiclone.
Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone: one of the medications used to treat insomnia.
Strength of zopiclone:
Zopiclone is available in different strengths:
3.75mg, 5mg, 7.5mg.
Zopiclone is available only in oral form (tablet). Administer before bedtime and should not be re-administered during the same night.
The tablet should be swallowed, not sucking, or chewing.
What are the contraindications of Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone?
|zopiclone generic 7.5mg 200 tablets||Sleeping products|
Zopiclone is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity to zopiclone.
- Severe respiratory disorder.
- Severe hepatic impairment.
- Use in pediatric.
Adverse effects of using Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone?
- Cardiovascular: palpitations.
- Central nervous system: dizziness, depression, euphoria, daytime sedation, or speech disturbances.
- Gastrointestinal: constipation, increased appetite, anorexia, or dry mouth.
- Neuromuscular& skeletal: tremors, muscular weakness.
- Skin: urticaria, or rash.
- Eye disorders: diplopia.
- Psychiatric disorders: nightmare, or agitation.
Warning and precautions of using Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone?
- Special groups:
- Elderly patient: need a reduced dose.
- Hepatic insufficiency: need to reduced dose as zopiclone may increase risk of coma.
- Renal insufficiency: reduced dose is recommended.
- Pediatric: not recommended in children under 18 years.
- Dependence: zopiclone may lead to physical and psychological dependence, this risk is higher in patients suffering from a psychiatric disorder.
- Withdrawal: it is preferred to tapper zopiclone before discontinuation.
- Tolerance: long term use of zopiclone may lead to losing its efficacy.
- Risk of concomitant use with other medications likes opioids: increase risk of sedative effects cause respiratory depression and coma
Is there drug-drug interaction with zopiclone?
There is a lot of drug-drug interaction between zopiclone and other medications.
Drugs that should be avoided during the use of zopiclone:
- Fusidic acid(systemic)
- Oxybate salt.
Drugs that decrease the effect of zopiclone:
Drugs that increased their effect by zopiclone:
- CNS depressant.
- Local anesthetics.
- Opioid’s agonists.
- Oxybate salt.
- Sodium nitrite.
Also, there much drug-drug interaction with zopiclone, there is interaction with grapefruits juice. To avoid this interaction, the zopiclone dose should not exceed 3.75 mg as starting dose.
Close monitoring for symptoms of toxicity.
Symptoms of zopiclone toxicity:
- Respiratory depression.
- Lethargy: a lack of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ataxia: is a disorder that affects coordination, balance, and speech.
Zopiclone and pregnancy:
If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant, you should avoid taking zopiclone.
Taking zopiclone during pregnancy causes side effects on the fetus and may lead to early labor.
There is a high risk of the newborn to suffer from withdrawal symptoms.
Zopiclone and breastfeeding:
Zopiclone should be avoided during breastfeeding as it can be secreted in breast milk.
Before buying Sleeping pills UK Zopiclone, you need to tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You have an allergy to zopiclone.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric disorder.
- You are suffering from hepatic or renal impairment.
- You are taking other medications that may interact with zopiclone.
- You are an alcohol consumer.